Finishes

Sunday, December 31, 2017

9th Finish of 2017 Patriotic Heart Taiwan

My 9th finish is one of my smallest and may look a bit familiar as I have stitched the flag of three other places I have lived ( first DR CongoNorway, and Germany for a friend).

This is stitched on white 14 count Aida with 3 strands.  This is adapted from the Patriotic Heart series by Kincavel Krosses. I started it for Stitch Maynia 2016 on May 24, 2016 and finished it on August 12, 2017.

 I think this was how far I was the last time I showed this piece...


This is what I would take with me while my daughter attended Gymnastics class on Saturdays.  I only really worked on it during her class so it inched along at a slow pace.  I based it on the USA Patriotic Heart for the red part of the Taiwan flag. 



It was so much fun when I finally made it to the blue part of the flag!  For the white sun of the design it took me a bit of time to design something that looked the best that could fit into the area I had to work with, but I am happy with my final design!  



Here is my finish!  I still need to FFO it into an ornament shape along with the first Patriotic Heart I made for DR Congo.  I have a few more finishes to show you before 2017 ends.  See you soon and Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment